Sara Letourneau graciously nominated me for this award. Thank you! Don’t you just love the word “Mystery” in a title? It’s as if you’ve found the key to some mysterious door, and on the other side lies secret treasures… Before I go off on a tangent, though, here are the details about the Mystery Blogger Award, as described by its creator Okoto Enigma: “The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
The rules state I must share 3 things about myself, answer 5 questions from the nominator, and share my most viewed post.
3 Things About Elise Rawls
1) I was attacked by a jellyfish. When I was around seven, on the coast of hot and humid Mississippi, a Portuguese Man-of-war jellyfish (yes, that’s the name, and I have no idea why) wrapped it’s stinging tentacles around both my legs, and I washed up on the shore screaming my head off. My legs were swelling and stinging like needles. My mom carried me to our blanket in a panic, not knowing what to do, until two drunk guys saw the commotion and told her to pour beer on my legs. They gave my mom a bottle, and she poured it over my legs, and the stinging gradually diminished. Drunk guys served a purpose that day. 😉 It took I think two weeks before my legs were back to normal, and needless to say I haven’t swam in the ocean much since.
2) I am the worst canoer in existence. I cannot row a canoe to save my life, and I’ve tried. Years back when I went on a trip for our church’s youth, the team leader had us ride in canoes down the river. I thought sure, I can do this. My parents are great canoers, so why shouldn’t I be too? Heheh, yeah, big mistake. I pity the girl I was teamed up with. I paddled and paddled, but we ran into every branch, every rock, and every bank in that river—it didn’t matter whether I sat at the front or the back. The girl finally cried to the team leader, and I was teamed up with the leader instead. Even then, he had a hard time steering that canoe with me. I think everyone was glad when we ended that trip.
3) An excellent frog and lizard catcher! I was never your typical girl. While all the other girls ran screaming from insects and amphibians, I was there trying to catch them and release them safely into the wild. Many a grasshopper, bumblebee, and lizard has been rescued from disaster and from the cruel torment of boys. But I wasn’t just a rescuer, no, but also a catch-and-release hunter, as well. With my trusty fishing net in hand, few frogs evaded my grasp. And with my bare, darting hands, lizards were caught and had to endure me taking photos of them and fawning over how cute their little lizard faces were. I know, I was a strange kid. Blame it on my parents for putting me in a junior ranger program when I was six.
Now for the Q&A!
1. What was the last movie you watched?
You had to ask me that? Okay, I’ll admit it, I watched The Great Wall, the movie that so many have said completely tanked. And it was an absolutely hilarious watch. Me and my family could not take it seriously, there were so many unrealistic moments and things that didn’t make any sense. But I enjoyed watching it just for pure entertainment value, plus it’s been a while since I’ve laughed that hard!
2. During what time of day (morning, afternoon, night, etc.) are you most productive?
Night is my productive writing and blogging time. Something about the peace and quiet of the atmosphere, like a velvet blanket wrapped around you, allows the mind and its imagination to blossom and explore…
3. Are you a flexible / adventurous eater? Or are you more picky / finicky and less willing to try new foods?
Adventurous eater at heart! Unfortunate thing is I have problems with gluten and dairy, and you can imagine how that limits foods. I didn’t have food problems as a kid or teenager, though, and I explored all kinds of flavors. I even tried squid and octopus at an Italian restaurant, back when my family was living in Italy. Yum yum, how many of you are salivating wanting to try that dish? 😉
4. What is one thing or person that you’re grateful for today?
Only one? For each and every day there are so many things and people to be grateful for, that I can’t just list one. My mother who supports me, friends who help and cheer me on, God who is my everything and the Bible, clean water, the food that’s available, sunlight, the calming green of trees… Really not a day goes by that there isn’t something to be grateful for, even if it’s simply the fact that you are alive, and can feel the warmth of sunshine on your cheek.
5. Silly question! If you could own any fantastical animal or creature for a pet, what would it be? Why? (Oh, and what would you name it?)
Dragon! How could it not be? I could fly, and travel just about anywhere! But the dragon would need to be on the smaller size (not Smaug size), or else I don’t know how I’d keep it well fed and build a dog house in the backyard for it.
My Best Posts
Best Post Statistically: The Silmarillion Awards Begins! I’m not too surprised that this was the most popular, as it was part of a group event last year. Speaking of which, it’s taking place again this year at the end of June!
Best Post in My Opinion: It was hard to choose, but A Lesson In Never Giving Up is one of my favorites.
My Nominees for this Award
- Rachael Ritchey
- Victoria Howell @StoriTori
- Claire Banschbach
- K.D. Dowdall
- YOU! If this looks fun, and you like my 5 questions below, then do this tag on your blog or social media profile!
My 5 Questions Are:
- What fictional character has impacted you most?
- What is your #1 goal for this year?
- Name one thing that made you smile this week.
- What was the last book you read?
- And now for the silly question: Which planet in our solar system resembles your personality the most?
If you decide to participate, here are the rules for the Mystery Blogger Award:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer 5 questions from the nominee.
- Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers. (Or fewer, if you’d prefer.)
- Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, including 1 weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best post.
How would you answer Sara’s questions? What fantastical creature would be your pet? Would you eat squid? What was the last movie you saw?
Be sure and subscribe to this blog’s email list so you can get in on book sneak peeks, special giveaways when held, and more from me!
© 2017-present, author E.E. Rawls and RawlsE.wordpress.com
(ads are by WordPress, not me)