The Silmaril Awards are all about celebrating fantasy fiction. While most awards go to authors or books, these awards go to the characters themselves!
This annual award ceremony, is the time when awards are presented to fantasy characters from novels, who are nominated and voted by YOU the attendees. These awards will be presented by characters from The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, who embody the ultimate standard of each award in the fantasy genre. Awards such as: Most Epic Hero, Least Competent Henchman, Most Wisest Counselor…just to name a few. 😉
The Silmaril Awards were created by DJ Edwardson and Jenelle Schmidt as a way to honor J.R.R. Tolkien as the Father of Modern Fantasy, open up a discussion about some of our other favorite fantasy works, and to have a ton of fun! You could call it their version of the Oscars for fantasy. 😉
Let The Voting Begin!
Nominations are now open, up until this Friday evening.
My blog is hosting the Most Faithful Friend Silmaril.
This award is for the most faithful of friends. The sort of friend who will never let you down, but stay by your side, through any hardship, any trial, any blood-soaked battle. And who is even willing to save you from yourself.
This award will be presented to the character YOU vote for, by the presenter, the ever faithful, ever present traveling companion, who would even brave the fires of Mordor for his friends, Sam Gamgee!
Now, go forth to the comments section below this post and write in the comments who you want to nominate for this Silmaril award. You may also second or third someone else’s nomination.
The rules for voting and other info:
- Readers can nominate as many characters for each award as they like.
- Readers may second as many characters as they like.
- Readers may not nominate and then second their own recommendations (at this stage you can vote for as many characters as you want, but you still only get one vote per character).
- Authors are welcome to participate but may not nominate or second any of their OWN characters… they are welcome and encouraged to let their readers know about the awards and may suggest characters to their own readers that they could nominate for various awards.
- The awards are for fantasy characters only. Thus, Katniss Everdeen can’t be nominated because she is from Dystopian. Neither can Ender Wiggin… he’s Sci-Fi.
- Last year’s winners are ineligible for being nominated for this year’s awards.
- Tolkien characters are the STANDARD for these awards, and are therefore NOT eligible for winning.
- This year’s hashtag is #SilmAwards2018.
See the official website for the full schedule and links to the other silmaril awards at www.silmarilawards.com or use the links below:
- Least Competent Henchman
- Most Epic Hero
- Most Epic Heroine
- Most Faithful Friend
- Most Mischievous Imp
- Most Magnificent Dragon
- Most Nefarious Villain
- Silver Tongue
- Strangest Character
- Wisest Councillor
And now…GO FORTH AND VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER IN EACH CATEGORY! 🙂 And in the comments below this post, vote for your favorite MOST FAITHFUL FRIEND.
FREE ebook, Storm & Choice, a Coming-of-age Fantasy tale: