Yes, it’s beginning a tad later in the summer than usual, but hey, we’re going to have fun with this! For those who are new to the annual online ceremony, it is the time when awards are presented to fantasy characters nominated and voted by YOU the attendees. These awards will be presented by characters from The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, who embody the ultimate standard of each award in the fantasy genre.
The Silmarillion Awards were created by DJ Edwardson and Jenelle Schmidt as a way to honor J.R.R. Tolkien as the Father of Modern Fantasy, open up a discussion about some of our other favorite fantasy works, and to have a ton of fun this summer! You could call it their version of the Oscars for fantasy. 😉
Let The Voting Begin!
My blog is hosting the Most Epic Hero Silmaril.
This award is for the Hero of all great heroes, who stands for justice and truth and all that is good, even at the risk of their life. They do not waver in the face of evil, but stand strong against what is wrong, and put all of their might into saving others.
This award will be presented to the character YOU vote for, by the presenter, the grand speech-giver and battle hero himself, who with his words stirs a righteous fire in the hearts of all who follow him, Aragorn, King of Gondor!
Now, go forth to the comments section below this post and write in the comments who you want to nominate for this Silmaril award. You may also second of third someone else’s nomination.
The rules for voting and other info:
- Readers can nominate as many characters for each award as they like.
- Readers may second as many characters as they like.
- Readers may not nominate and then second their own recommendations (at this stage you can vote for as many characters as you want, but you still only get one vote per character).
- Authors are welcome to participate but may not nominate or second any of their OWN characters… they are welcome and encouraged to let their readers know about the awards and may suggest characters to their own readers that they could nominate for various awards.
- The awards are for fantasy characters only. Thus, Katniss Everdeen can’t be nominated because she is from Dystopian. Neither can Ender Wiggin… he’s Sci-Fi.
- Last year’s winners are ineligible for being nominated for this year’s awards.
- Tolkien characters are the STANDARD for these awards, and are therefore NOT eligible for winning.
- This year’s hashtag is #SilmAwards2018.
Below is the awards schedule and list of participating blogs. Each blog is hosting a different award, so be sure and check them all out at Jenelleschmidt.com
And now…GO FORTH AND VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER IN EACH CATEGORY! 🙂 And in the comments below this post, vote for your favorite MOST EPIC HERO.
This year, we have an official website for the Silmaril Awards! Check it out here: http://www.silmarilawards.com/this-years-awards/
Links to some of the blog posts:
To read last year’s Silmaril Awards posts, look HERE.
Aaaand subscribe to this blog’s email list so you can get in on special book goodies and more from me 🙂
© 2018-to present author E.E. Rawls and RawlsE.wordpress.com
(ads are by WordPress, not me)