I recently went on a 2 week vacation, the time once a year when me and my mom go on a summer road trip out to visit our midwest relatives. Once I’m there, blogging and social media gets put on the backburner, but now I am back and resuming blog posts and everything else, and I’d like to share with you some fun highlights from my time there via some blog awards. 🙂
One of my favorite people, and author of The Beauty Thief, Rachael Ritchey tagged me for this Lovely Blog award. Thank you, Rachael! But instead of listing 7 facts about me, I’m going to give you 7 fun facts/highlights during this trip! 🙂
1. Once we left the borders of New England there was no such thing as decaf iced coffee. Every place we stopped at along the main highway said they couldn’t make it. My mother’s famous words to them:
“Do you have decaf coffee?”
“Do you have ice?”
“Then we’ll make it ourselves.”
Booyah! And so make it ourselves we did. 🙂
2. We saw one Dunkin Doughnuts (popular north-east coffee place) in IL and it was the most beautiful sight! They knew what decaf iced coffee was, and they even added almond milk for our lactose intolerantness!
3. I went to church that Sunday with one of my best buddies, and when the service was over and we came out to the car, I saw this huge bug on the cement. No kidding, the thing was 3 ½ inches long and shaped like a fly (creepiest thing I’ve ever seen in my life, and I’ve seen some strange things!). Curious and bewildered, I stepped closer and called my friend over to see. The moment she caught sight of it, she yelled, “RUN! It’s a horse fly!!” Needless to say, we were in the car and away as fast as we could. Horse flies are vicious and fast, and they give a ferocious bite, though I never knew they could grow to the size I saw—eek! Total Midwest noob, aren’t I? 😛
4. Played Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart for the first time! It was fun being a video gamer again. 😀
5. My buddy read The Stinky Cheese Man and other children’s books aloud to me, because we’re both writers and awesome like that. 😉 (I recommend that book, it’s one of the funniest and most creative children’s books I’ve come across).
6. Rocked out to ELO Zoom and I Sold My Bed But Not My Stereo! 😀
7. Got some helpful art lessons from my buddy, who happens to be a fantastic artist as well as a writer. Within a day, my drawing had improved! Amazing what a good lesson can do. 🙂 Plus, it was just fun hanging out and being the artsy-writer people we are! My cousin best buddy joined in on the fun, and the three of us were unstoppable. 😉
Now, my nominees! And if you happen to be thinking “I have no idea what 7 facts to list!” here’s a fun suggestion: List 7 things that can make you laugh uncontrollably. 🙂 Or whatever else comes to mind.
You don’t have to do this award if you don’t want to, but if you do choose to, I hope you enjoy it and have some fun. 🙂
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog
- List the rules and display the award
- List 7 facts about yourself
7other bloggers and let them know they have been nominated.